Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Short Intro

I am an educator, enthusiastic learner, and an avid reader. I am going into my sixth year of teaching at Rogers High School in Newport, my old high school! Apparently I never wanted to leave! I am in the process of finishing my degree at RIC and cannot wait to be done to move on to the next chapter of my life, probably taking more classes. :) I hope to gain new insight and create more innovative activities for my students in order to encourage their learning as well as engage them in the various units I teach.

Literature is a huge element of my life and something I want to pass on to my students. I can be often be found reading five different books at any given moment on top of the novels and readings that I am teaching my students. I enjoy reading, analyzing and critiquing others' writing, however, when I have to write myself, I feel extremely vulnerable, which is awesome for my students to understand that I have similar feelings when publishing my own writing as they do.

When I am not in the classroom, I can be found on the beach, enjoying the sunshine and Newport life with my family and friends. I love being outdoors, trying out new restaurants and various activities. I recently became an auntie to a beautiful baby boy and I cannot wait to start this new chapter of my life with my nephew!

3 comments:

  1. Pics of your new nephew? And in your restaurant adventures, have you ever tried www.restaurant.com? I use it all the time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I'm super excited to hear all of your insight considering you work with high schoolers every day! Trying new restaurants is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you're teaching at your old high school; it's very admiral!

    ReplyDelete